The new urban strategies, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), the New Urban Agenda (NUA) or the Agenda Urbana Española (AUE) consider resilience as one of the main objectives and axis for future urban policies. This concept, recently included, may enable the overcoming and unifying of Urban Vulnerability and Sustainability, and poses one of the most important challenges for the implementation of the new framework policies, where problem assessment will be as important as opportunity identification. Additionally, resilience is a tool to foster the needed urban transformations to pave the way to fairer, more inclusive, more ecological and healthier cities. This net is born as a response to the need for a multidisciplinary reflection about the cross-sectional and integral incorporation of the thematic areas identified by several nets members as key to face the urban challenges, within public policies which are promoting resilience. The main objective of the RE-ADAP network is the consolidation of the lines of research developed by the eight researchers and a team work, with the aim of articulating a joint, comprehensive and innovative approach that addresses the challenges of our cities through implementation of urban public policies that incorporate resilience.
To formalize this objective, actions linked to reflection and debate will be carried out in the form of meetings through the collaboration of members of the network’s research team, members of its research groups that make up the work team and external experts , as well as, the creation of methodological tools for analysis.
It is expected that progress will be made in understanding the phenomenon of adaptation spaces described above in the face of current urban challenges, the consolidation of research lines and the dissemination of the results obtained from the network’s collaboration process.
- Polytechnic University of Madrid (Department of Urban Planning and Spatial Planning and member of the Research Group in Architecture, Urbanism and Sustainability (GIAU+S), as project leader.
- Carlos III University (Family, Work and Gender Research Group).
- University of Valladolid (The Group of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics – GEEDS)
- University of Oviedo (Legal-Social Studies Research Group on Territory and Sustainable Urban Development (GTDS)).
- Polytechnic University of Madrid (Bioclimatic Architecture Research Group in a sustainable environment (ABIO)
- Polytechnic University of Madrid (TRANSyT Research Group: Transport Research Center).
- University of Valladolid (Research Group inTerritorial and Urban Planning)
- Autonomous University of Madrid (Landscape and Territory Research Group in Spain, Mediterranean Europe and Latin America (PAYTEMAL)).
- Entity conducting: Department of Urban Development and Spatial Planning. Higher Technical School of Architecture of the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- Financing entity: MICIU. State Plan for Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2017-2020. State Research Agency. Dynamization actions “Research Networks”. Call 2018
- Start date: 11/2019*
- Duration: 24 months*
- Total amount: 20.000€
- Code: RED2018-102795-T
More information here: RE-ADAP.