Gonzalo Parrado Hernando
Gonzalo Parrado Hernando (Valladolid, 1993). Degree in Mechanical Engineering by the University of Valladolid (UVa). He worked with genetic algorithms with Matlab to optimizes offshore wind farms in the Energy Department of the Polytechnic University of Madrid over his Final Degree Poject. Master in Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency by the Distance University of Madrid (UDIMA). His Final Master project address about the impacts to the power systems due to the variability and the intermittency from the renewable energies, analysing the case of the Spanish system.
Inside the Group of Energy, Economy and System Dynamics (GIR-GEEDS), he is currently studying the intermittency issue. In addition, he is applying the Principal Component Analysis (PCA) methodology with Input-Output analysis.
The main project in which he is currently involved is named LOCOMOTION, one of the projects about Integrated Assessment Models developed by GEEDS. In particular, in the working package about renewable technologies and social and demography modelling.
- Parrado Hernando, G., Pfeifer, A., Frechoso, F., Miguel González, L. J., Neven, D. 2022. A novel approach to represent the energy system in integrated assessment models. Energy 2022, Volume 258, 124743. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2022.124743
- Parrado Hernando, G., Herc, L., Pfeifer, A., Capellán Pérez, I., Batas Bjelić, I., Neven, D., Frechoso, F., Miguel González, L. J., Gjorgievski Vladimir, Z. 2022. Capturing features of hourly-resolution energy models through statistical annual indicators. Renewable Energy 2022, RENE 17397. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2022.07.040.
- Parrado Hernando, G., Frechoso, F., Miguel L.J., 2021. Analysis of the variable renewable energy in the Spanish power system based on kernel probabilistic distributions. 2020. DYNA, Vol. 96, pp. 179 – 185. https://doi.org/10.6036/9892
- Capellán-Pérez, I., De Blas, I., Nieto, J., Mediavilla, M., De Castro, C., Carpintero, Ó., Lobejón, L.F., Álvarez, D., Ferreras, N., Parrado, G., Frechoso, F., Duce, C., Miguel, L.J., 2021. Modelo MEDEAS. Papeles de Energía, Nº12 (febrero 2021). pp. 39 – 45. (PDF in Spanish)
- Capellán-Pérez, I., de Blas, I., Nieto, J., de Castro, C., Miguel, L.J., Mediavilla M., Carpintero, Ó., Fernando Lobejón, L., Ferreras-Alonso, N., Rodrigo, P., Frechoso, F., Álvarez Antelo, D, Lomas,, P., Parrado Hernando, G. “MEDEAS-World: a new IAM framework integrating biophysical and socioeconomic constraints.” Conference: 11th Annual Meeting of the Integrated Assessment Modeling Consortium (IAMC 2018) At: Sevilla (Spain)